Temporary Resident Permit Lawyers in Toronto

Under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, a foreign national (a person who is not a permanent resident or citizen of Canada) is considered inadmissible to Canada if they have a criminal conviction for which no pardon has been issued, or if they have a medical condition that would cause excessive demand on the health or social services of Canada.  A Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) provides a remedy to this issue.

Temporary Resident Permit Applications

Persons who are inadmissible seek permission to be in Canada by applying for a TRP.  Applicants must state why they qualify for a TRP.  In many cases, applicants point to the existence of strong humanitarian and compassionate considerations for the reasons they are seeking a TRP, such as close family connections in Canada, required attendance in Canada for a particular event, inability to leave Canada if already in Canada, or any other compelling reason.  Therefore, a TRP application requests an exemption to the rule that inadmissible persons cannot enter and/or remain in Canada.

Trust Our Legal Experts

A TRP application must be carefully prepared with attention to details.  An applicant may be interviewed by an immigration officer.  The ability to conduct oneself well at an interview requires thorough preparation.  All evidence in support of a TRP application must be properly presented, in the event the application is refused and the applicant decides to challenge such refusal in the Federal Court of Canada.

Trust the experts at Pace Immigration to handle your TRP application with care.

Contact Us

For an evaluation of the immigration opportunities open to you, please complete the online assessment, or call us at 416-236-3060 or toll free at 1-877-236-3060.

We offer preliminary consultations and can provide you with assistance in 30 languages, in addition to English and French.  Our main office in Toronto is located at 295 The West Mall (main intersection: The West Mall and Bloor St. West) and is accessible both by public transportation and by Highways 427, 401 and the Q.E.W.