How Can We Help You?
On January 1, 2015, the Express Entry system was launched by the government of Canada. This system offers express entry to qualified skilled immigrants who want to come to Canada as permanent residents, as a way to fill jobs where no Canadian workers are available.
How Does Express Entry Work?
Although there are still many unanswered questions regarding how the program will work, we do know the following:
- You need to qualify under one of the programs listed below in order to be entered into the pool of candidates:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- The eligibility criteria for the FSWP, FSTP and the CEC have not changed, however there will no longer be a list of eligible occupations or a list of occupations that are ineligible. As long as you have experience in a National Occupation Code 0, A or B level position, you can apply.
- Before, entry to Canada through the FSWP, FSTP and the CEC was on a first come, first served basis. Now, the government will choose the immigrants it wants from an electronic pool of candidates. There is a deadline of 60 days to complete the profile once you have begun working on it.
- It does not affect family class sponsorships or applications for visitor, work or study visas, or any other immigration program other than those listed above.
Recent Changes to Express Entry System
- You can now get additional points for at least one sibling (brother or sister) living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident.
- You can now get additional points for strong French language skills.
- It is now optional to create a Job Match account with Job Bank.
Each profile will be given a score to define its place in the Express Entry pool using a Comprehensive Ranking System. The system includes aspects known to contribute to economic realization (such as language, education and work experience). On regular basis there are rounds of invitation to apply for permanent residents. Each profile once submitted is valid for 12 months, during that period you have to update nay information or circumstances that have changed.
Submitting a profile does not guarantee that you will qualify for permanent residence. If you are invited to apply for permanent residence, the details in your Express Entry profile will be verified at that time and will be supported by documents.